Sunday 15 September 2013

[Articles] Miley Cyrus: 'Britney Spears called to say she loved We Can't Stop'


Miley Cyrus has revealed that her forthcoming collaboration with Britney Spears was a result of a phonecall from the ‘Gimme More’ singer.
The former Disney star also admitted that the pair – who share the same manager – have wanted to work together for a while.
“We’ve been trying to work together and I felt like there had to be that right time,” Cyrus told Alan Carr on yesterday’s episode of Chatty Man (September 13).
“After ‘We Can’t Stop’ came out, she called and said how much she loved the song.
“At first she heard the song and she didn’t know it was me, and then she watched the video and just sort of fell in love with the video,” Cyrus added.
“I think it kind of reminded her of what she did when she was 20 and the feeling of kind of wanting to free yourself and represent so many girls, and so it was cool to be able to get her on the song,” she explained.
The ‘Wrecking Ball’ singer also said that Spears had been a long-time idol of hers.
“I don’t think there’s any pop idol that I care about more than I care about Britney, because that was the first CD I ever bought,” she told Carr.
“I feel like there’s so much her and I connect on, and I had to have her, so it was cool.”
When asked about the album track they recorded together, Cyrus confirmed that ‘SMS (Bangerz)’ is an uptempo song.
“It’s a fast one, it’s got to be! It’s Britney, bitch!” she laughed.
“She’s got one of those voices that as soon as it comes on everyone in the world knows it’s Britney Spears, and that’s what I wanted.”
Miley Cyrus’s fourth studio album Bangerz is scheduled to be released on October 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment