Saturday 5 October 2013

[News] Robin Thicke "stopped playing it safe" with Miley

Robin Thicke has once again addressed his controversial MTV VMAs performance with Miley Cyrus, stating that he has no regrets about their steamy stint on stage.
During an interview with Vanity Fair, the Blurred Lines crooner explained: “I spent my whole career playing it safe, being a gentleman, never doing anything controversial.
“They told me [beforehand] that Miley’s going to take her clothes off and dance around and she might bend over… I just said, ‘I don’t care, let’s entertain the people’.”
He went on to admit that both he and Mi-Cy were aware of the shock their performance would cause, adding: “[I thought] ‘Let’s give them something they’re not ready for. Let’s make them talk’.”
Thicke previously said that the whole point of their performance was “to excite and provoke and entertain”.
He added to Star: “I thought it was silly and funny. She was being humorous and naughty, but it wasn’t sexually charged at all.”


No comments:

Post a Comment