Saturday 23 March 2013

Articles about Miley's interview with Seacrest


"Mileys' Single With Snoop 'Coming Out Very, Very Soon' " - MTV

Smilers, the wait is almost over. Miley Cyrus is about ready to give fans some new music… and she’s bringing a friend along. Cyrus has confirmed that her first single off 2013′s album release will feature the D-O-double-G himself, Snoop.
“I did a song with Snoop, and it’s coming out very, very soon…I can finally say I’m going to have a song with Snoop Dogg coming very soon. It’s recorded, done. I’m so excited!” she told Ryan Seacrest on Friday (March 22). While she didn’t offer up many details about the song, like its title or release date, she did add, “He was in Europe when he was recording, but he’s here this weekend, so I’m pretty excited. I’m think I’m going to take a bunch of my friends and go hang out.”
While pop fans may not immediately understand why the rapper-turned-Rasta might jump on a track with the former Disney princess, they needn’t look much further than her viral twerking video as proof of her street cred. Or, his candy-coated collaboration with Katy Perry on her massive 2010 single, as evidence he likes to get his pop on.
Since first announcing plans to release new music last year, the singer has been connected to a bunch of hip-hop artists and producers, including Pharrell Williams, Juicy J, Mac Miller, Da Internz and Tyler, The Creator.
“I want this record to be different and a bunch of passion projects which the first thing I wouldn’t have calculated like, ‘Oh the first song I want to come out is me and Snoop Dogg,’ ‘ she said. “I never thought that would be [my first single]. I’d think it’d be my own single first, but I’ve been able to do these things where I’ve just been in the studio at the right time and these projects have just magically come,’ just happened.”

"Miley loves the positive vibes around her twerking video" - LATimes

After posting a video of herself “twerking” in a unicorn onesie Wednesday, Miley Cyrus sat down with Ryan Seacrest on Friday to give the world a little something in the way of an explanation.
The twerking video is, she said, possibly her best-received piece of work.
“I could walk out and I could sing at the Grammys,” she said in an upbeat interview on Seacrest’s radio show, “and I will always be bashed and I will always have haters. I haven’t really seen one bad comment about the twerk video. This is the first thing. I’m like, OK, I can’t sing, I can’t act, I’m dumb, I’m a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.”
(Twerking, for the uninitiated, is a dance move that involves, as Miley described it, “a lot of booty.” Perhaps it’s best just to watch the video in its entirety here on Facebook to get the gist.)
Cyrus said she’s been perfecting her twerk for about two years, on her own time, and the moment simply arose when she could capture it on film. She was at a photo shoot, which she’d gone to in the onesie because she didn’t want to get dressed. When the shoot was over, she was left with a friend and the backdrop and was dancing to the J Dash and Flo-Rida tune “WOP” when lightning struck and they decided to record the high-jinks on her iPhone.
She posted the video just ’cause she thought it was hilarious, she said. And now she can’t believe she’s “twerked for 6 million people.”
“More than me thinking it was good and people were going to — which, like, I can’t believe how many people think I’m good at twerking, which is dope, like my life goal has been accomplished — but it’s also, I thought it was so weird and people were going to think it was so weird.”
“So I’m glad that everyone understands my humor,” she said. “It is weird, but it’s hilarious.”
In other Miley Cyrus news, her fiance, Liam Hemsworth, is back from his overseas journey, she’s got her ring back on and wedding planning is reportedly a “go” once again.

"Miley Cyrus Gives Happy, Funny Interview to Ryan Seacrest" - USMagazine

Coincidence? Miley Cyrus seemed to be in a great mood on Friday, March 22, just two days after fiance Liam Hemsworth flew back to L.A. from his native Australia, where he was visiting family and taking a “beat” from his relationship with the LOL actress. Joining Ryan Seacrest at the Children’s Hospital of Orange County in Orange, Calif., where the radio host was broadcasting his KIIS FM show, Cyrus, 20, happily joked about twerking and working with Snoop Lion for her upcoming album.
“I haven’t really seen one bad comment about my twerk video,” the star told Seacrest of the clip she posted on March 20, in which she dances to J. Dash‘s “Wop” while wearing a unicorn onesie. “This is the first thing! I can’t sing, I can’t act, I’m dumb, I’m a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever!”
(Twerking is a form of dancing that involves gyrating and shaking one’s bottom in a suggestive manner. “You can’t really explain it,” Cyrus said. “It’s something that comes naturally…it’s a lot of booty action.”)
The singer confessed that she had “been practicing [twerking] probably for the past two years” but was surprised at the positive reaction. “I can’t believe how many people think I’m good at twerking — which is dope — like my life goal has been accomplished,” she joked. “I thought it was so weird, and [I thought] people were going to think it was so weird, but I’m glad that everyone understands my humor.”
The Hannah Montana alum also talked about her upcoming album, which features a collaboration with none other than Snoop Lion (formerly known as Snoop Dogg). “I did a song with Snoop, and it’s coming out very, very soon. Very soon,” she revealed. “[It's] recorded, done, and I’m, like, so excited about it.”
Seacrest replied that a Snoop Dogg collaboration isn’t something he’d expect from a Miley Cyrus album — which is exactly the point. “I want this record to be, you know, just something that’s, like, different and a bunch of, like, passion projects,” the singer explained.
“[Snoop] was in Europe when he was recording, but he’s here this weekend, so I’m pretty excited,” she continued. “I think I’m going to take a bunch of my friends and go hang out.”

"Miley Calls Applause For Her Twerking Skills So 'Dope' " - MTV

'It's a lot of booty action,' she explains to Ryan Seacrest of her technique in viral video.

Miley Cyrus probably had no idea while goofing around at a photo shoot that footage from it would go totally viral. But that’s just what happened when Cyrus uploaded a video of herself twerking — in a unicorn onesie — to her Facebook page.
On Friday (March 22), Cyrus stopped by Ryan Seacrest’s radio show and commented on the clip. “I’ve twerked for 6 million people!” she laughed.
According to Cyrus, she had just wrapped a shoot on Wednesday — the same day she was photographed wearing her engagement ring again — and the lights and backdrop were still in place. She was dancing to J Dash and Flo Rida’s song “WOP” when she got the idea, halfway through the track, to film her moves, which are inspired by a provocative dance style that originated Down South.
“I just started dancing and [my friend] recorded it and I showed a few people and they said, ‘Tweet it,’ ” she recalled of the clip, which has since become a trending topic and been embraced by hip-hop celebs from Pharrell Williams and will.i.am to Nelly, Amber Rose and French Montana.
“I’m getting so many people writing to me about it. It’s kind of weird that I’ve twerked for 6 million people!” she said before adding, “I’m kind of feeling a little weird.” Miley explained that while she’s received a lot of Internet hate in the past about any number of things (from criticism of her singing abilities to haters calling her a “hillbilly”), she’s received virtually none for her twerking. “I haven’t seen one bad comment about my twerk video, but I can twerk, so whatever!” she said.
For those who aren’t up on twerking yet, Cyrus told Seacrest’s listeners that they should just go online and watch her clip. “I think I gave a pretty good definition. If you go to my Facebook page and click it, you will then see what ‘twerking’ is. You can’t really explain it. It’s something that comes natural. It’s a lot of booty,” she said. “It’s a lot of booty action.
“I’ve been practicing probably for the past two years, in my own time, in my living room … I can’t believe how many people think I’m good at twerking, which is dope. My life goal has been accomplished,” she joked. “I shot a movie in New Orleans two years ago and that’s when I became fascinated and obsessed.”


"Miley Told Ryan Seacrest About Her New Song With Snoop Dogg, And We're Trying To Hold It Together" - MTV

The most important part of this picture isn’t that Miley Cyrus looks like a glammed-up porcelain doll, nor the fact that we really like Ryan Seacrest’s tie/shirt combo. It’s really all about how this photo is a visual celebration that Miley has officially announced her upcoming new single on Seacrest’s show!! Oh, and did we mention that her new song is a collab with none other than SNOOP DOGG!? KAAAA-BOOM! (That’s the sound of our minds/hearts/the internet exploding all at once.) Now, excuse us while we put on our very own unicorn onesie and TWERQUE our ish to “WOP” in celebration.
Ryan Seacrest shared Miley’s celebratory moment on Instagram along with the caption, “Just talked to Miley Cyrus…confirmed new music is on the way incl a song with @snoopdogg.” Now we’re left wondering if Miley’s collabo will be similar to Katy Perry and Snoop’s “California Gurls”? Orrr maybe it’ll sound like nothing we’ve ever heard (like she said about her will.i.am track). And while we don’ t know too many more deets about the new song, judging by Miley’s “The One” finger, we can basically assume how her track will do on the charts. Hint: AMAZING.

"Miley and Snoop Lion collaborating on new song" - MuchMusic

Miley Cyrus announced this morning on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show that she has been working with Snoop Lion (formerly Snoop Dogg) on a new song. She revealed that it will be part of her upcoming album and released as the first single.
“I’m doing a song with Snoop and it’s coming out very, very soon,” she told Seacrest. “It’s recorded, done. I’m so excited!”
She said that the song was never a planned collaboration. “I’ve been able to do these things where I’ve just been in the studio at the right time and these projects have just magically come,” she said.
The 20-year-old singer also talked about the public response towards her recent twerking video that went viral. “I haven’t really seen one bad comment about my twerk video,” she joked. “I can’t sing, I can’t act, I’m dumb, I’m a hillbilly, but I can twerk.”
From provocative dancing to a collaboration with a hip hop legend, there’s no denying Cyrus is far from the innocent 14-year-old Hannah Montana star we were introduced to not too long ago. Her constant attempts in trying to shed her Disney girl image have become so frequent that it’s no longer shocking.
What do you think about the news that Miley Cyrus is working on new music with Snoop Lion? Feel free to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment